Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Sticky (and Stinky) Diet to Losing Weight

Having a baby is a life turning event and also a life turning change for your belly. I know mine will never be the same again. At first the weight just fell off during the first two weeks and it was probably due to a bit of baby blues and getting used to the whole idea of motherhood. Once I was getting the hang of this baby thing and was feeling like myself again- I was eating a LOT more and it was like I was pregnant again. So obviously I gained back all that I lost in the beginning.

I tried to eat less which made me even more hungry after a day or two eating of like a bird. Then I binge and ate really bad food. I just didn't feel satisfied. It is a very frustrating cycle! I had to stop myself from snacking and eating junk food. I was still eating chocolate and Ribena everyday which I thought was a pregnancy crave- I am not pregnant and still craving this!

Anyway I thought I might try to eat in small portions and eat when I am hungry. My weight still stayed the same- maybe I lost my metabolism after giving birth? I used to be able to lose weight quite quickly if I ate small portions. Not anymore. Boo hoo.

Now I am going to attempt at eating healthy snacks instead of the usual chocolate and ribena. I discovered natto and kim chee are a great combination with fluffy steamed rice! Plus it fills me up!

I found this Kimchi Natto Don and it's a great idea to add eggs on top.


Natto is a fermented soy bean and it's not everyone's cup of tea. But I love this stuff! Most people need to grow up eating this type of food otherwise I guarantee not many people can actually like this. It's a bit smelly, sticky and stringy to eat. My husband always gives me a look of disgust everytime I eat natto. He says it looks like sticky boogers on rice.

I gather that if this is low in fat and healthy for you it must help to lose a bit of weight too:)


Being a little podgy is worth it if I see this smile everyday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio