Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kitchen Must Have for Busy Mums

This slow cooker is an absolute must have for lazy cooks like me. I can cook up a meal in a flash once the husband comes home. It's just so frustrating to cook a nice fresh meal and it sits there on the dining table getting cold and dry while you wait for the husband to get home. Mine has terrible time management and when he says five minutes it literally means one hour. So having a slow cooker eliminates all this time guessing and arguments when he does finally come home at a very late hour and me screaming at him for not calling me to let me know he will be late.

So with my Breville slow cooker I can prepare dinner in the morning and leave it to cook for a few hours or put in the ingredients a few hours before dinner and let it cook while I do something else.

Breville Ikon Slow Cooker
Plus, I got this book (below) for $15.00 at Borders on sale and it has really simple recipes that anyone can follow. I don't like long instructions and whole list of ingredients- simple is best! However there are not pictures but that's ok. Most things that are cooked in a slow cooker are all combined anyway so no need to present it in a certain way. It's so easy! 

Fix It and Forget It Cookbook
You can also purchase this book for around the same price at Book Depository- my favourite books store online and so much cheaper esepcially if you know exactly what you're want. I do still like to go to book shops and look at books. (then buy it online) No wonder Borders is in trouble!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio